6.7.07

Clap if You Believe in Fairies

So the season finale of Doctor Who was incredibly disappointing. It's going to be kind of sad re-watching the whole thing from "The Runaway Bride" because there was so much about the season that was so good. I almost hate Russell T. Davies for what he did with that finale and also what he's going to be doing, which brings us to our first news item (oh you can't get away from them, and yes this is a huge spoiler if you haven't seen season three): Catherine Tate is back! Yes the tacky ginger bride you'll be watching tonight (8pm, Sci-Fi Channel) will be back as the Doctor's companion in season four. I about screamed when I read the news, but decided better of it, because screaming isn't the answer. Boycotting might be, but I have awhile to decide whether I'll be doing that. In any event, best of luck to Ms. Tate and the rest of the Doctor Who cast and crew. I have a feeling you'll be needing it.
In other news, I have the maturity level of a 13 year old. The reason? My response to the this headline on the DIY site: "Kaiser Chiefs New Manchester Show." What was my response? Stick out my tongue at the computer screen and call the lot of them bastards. Oh yes, I'm a mature one.
But at least I have a proper roof over my head, thank you Mums and dad. You see, Pete Doherty is currently living in a van under a bridge in London. That's right, a fairly famous rock star is living under a bridge. He's also been charged with drug possession again. Yeah, I know I nag on this guy, but for fuck's sake. In any event I hope that living under a bridge, even if just for a little while, will teach him something. Like self respect.
So besides T in the Park and the Oxygen festival, the big thing this weekend is Live Earth. Al Gore is hoping that by having a lot of musicians all over the world play music that this will somehow get everyone off their lazy asses and do something about global warming. Now Arctic Monkeys have something to say about this and I kind of agree with them. Matt Helder, whose the drummer, said recently that it would be hypocritical of the band to play the concert, given the amount of electricity they use for their shows. Bassist Nick O'Malley added that they're always flying around in air planes, which isn't exactly ozone friendly. I have to agree with the boys' logic. I won't say anything more, but let's just assume we can all infer what my opinion is of Live Earth.
I had a bunch of other articles I wanted to share, but after some thought, I decided not to burden you with them. I know most people don't give a shit about what I write (oh yeah, I can hold a grudge) and since most of this entry is nonsense to the majority of you, I leave you with this:
Falling Slowly.
And a really long personality quiz. Mwhahahahaha:
---------------------RED-----------------------
1. Closest red thing to you?: Stuart hall bag
2. Last thing to make you angry?: oh, things
3. Do you have a temper?: >_>
4. Are you a fan of romance?: dear god yes
-------------------ORANGE-------------------
1. Closest orange thing to you?: moxie t-shirt
2. Do you like to burn things?: the shiny fire is fun
3. Dress up for Halloween?: I use to, not any more
4. Are you usually a warm-hearted person?: until you piss me off
5. Do you have anything against redheaded people?: ginger heads are lovely…
6. Are you usually full of energy?: sometimes, but not most of the time
-------------------YELLOW-------------------
1. Closest yellow thing to you?: :looks around room: funky bag
2. The happiest time[s] of your life?: killers/keane concert and first kc concert
3. Favorite holiday?: christmas
4. Are you a coward?: yeah, but only in a social aspect
5. Do you burn or tan?: I am a ghost, who repels the sun (burn and then tan)
-------------------GREEN-------------------
1. Closest green thing to you?: ummm…well my sheets and practically everything else in this room
2. Do you care about the environment?: yes, I recycle
3. Are you jealous of anyone right now?: everyone going to Oxygen/T in the Park festivals
4. Are you a lucky person?: depends on what you think of as luck
5. Do you always want what you can't have?: no, not always
6. Do you like being outdoors?: just as long as it’s not humid, hot and there aren’t any annoying bugs
7. Are you Irish?: I wish
-------------------BLUE-------------------
1. Closest blue thing to you?: walls
2. Are you good at calming people down?: dunno
3. Do you like the sea?: I like the sound of the sea
4. What was the last thing that made you cry?: don’t remember
5. Are you a logical thinker?: in my own way
6. Can you sleep easily?: pretty much yeah
---------------------PURPLE-------------------
1. Last purple thing you saw?: umm…t-shirt online
2. Like being treated to expensive things?: definitely
3. Do you like mysterious people?: kind of
4. Favorite type of chocolate?: all
5. Ever met anyone in royalty?: no, sadly
6. Are you creative?: in my own way
------------------PINK-------------------
1. Closest pink thing to you?: a couple of books on my shelf
2. Do you like sweet things?: oh yes
3. Like play-fighting?: umm…
4. Are you sensitive?: yeah
5. Do you like music?: that’s a silly question
-------------------WHITE-------------------
1. Closest white thing to you?: sheets (partially at least), lamp
2. Would you say you're innocent?: for the most part
3. Good at keeping the peace?: I try, doesn’t always work, but I try
4. How do you imagine your wedding?: depends on where I am
5. Do you like to play in the snow?: I use to, but now I shun the outdoors, so not really
6. Are you afraid of going to the doctors or dentist?: no
-------------------BLACK-------------------
1. Closest black thing to you?: trash bag, chorus dress, mp3 player
2. Ever enjoy hurting people?: no
3. Are you sophisticated or silly?: oh depends on my mood
4. Would you like to go to space?: just as long as I’m in a blue box
5. Do you have a lot of secrets?: mmm…some
6. What is your favorite color?: green!!!!!!!!
7. Does the color you wear affect your mood?: not really no

No comments: