24.7.07

The Silence is Deafening (and Slightly Deadening)

But not to fear mes copines, because despite the deafening silence that has enveloped the internet (damn you JK), the real world is slightly more alive. While the UK fights off torrential rains, I've continued my mission to completely smut-ify my mind by reading smuty/crackalicious/sappy DW fanfic, courtesy of the "Oh She Knows" Ficathon. As some of you might have guessed, I also finished the last Harry Potter book in a approximately a day (taking into account the short breaks I took, sleeping, and eating) and I was extremely pleased with how things turned out in the end. I shan't reveal anything for those of you who haven't finished it yet, but I think the masses will pleased. In any event, these trivial events are not the reasons I have broken my silence. Nay there is something far more exciting that has prompted me to write. Brace yourselves, my dearest ones:
ONCE, LIVE AT 9:30 CLUB, THIS THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Let me explain: Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova are going on tour under the guise of "The Swell Season" which is actually the name of an album they recorded together before they worked together on Once. Although the show doesn't technically count as seeing Once live, since they will be performing songs from that movie, that's how I'm thinking of the concert. I'm more than excited, in fact one could go so far as to say I can't think about anything else and the way I'm feeling doesn't have a word to describe it. All in all, uber-YAY!!!!!!
The next time I write, be prepared for an intesive course in music news from the past two weeks (possibly more, depending on when I write next.) Enjoy the silence, I'm off to continue my education in smut.

No comments: