20.7.07

Without Protein I am Nothing

Okay, so I made it two days without blogging. Not a record, but not too bad. Anyway this is more of shout out to my readers in the great wide world. I've been keeping track for the past two weeks of who is reading my Blogger blog and by proxy where they're reading it. It's been interesting, mostly because the amount of time people spend on the site can only be counted in milliseconds, possibly less. The average actually is 2min and 21sec, but that's because one of the more anonymous readers spent 19 minutes on the site, while one person from Italy spent 8 minutes. Interestingly, someone from around my area spent 13 minutes reading my blog. In terms of geography, I've gotten hits from Tennessee and Greece, from England and New Jersey, from Austria and Finland, and from LA and North Carolina. Again, the average visit length for the majority of readers is 0 seconds, so I suspect most of the hits consist of "Oh, this isn't what I wanted" and going back to Google Search. In any event, I'd like to thank everyone who comes to this site, especially the ones who come back for more.
I'm going to finish cleaning the bathroom now and then I will collapse. As a token of my affection, here's my fall semester schedule:
Newsgathering (T)
Rock/Soul/Progressive:1955 prs (MWF)
Western Civ I (MWF)
Chorus(Fredericksburg Singers) (W)
Instmntl Ensemble (M)
Music Theory I (MWF)
General Psychology (TR)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's pretty cool. how'd you figure out if people are reading your blog, and from where? i have one, and i'd like to see the stats on mine as well!

(if you want, you could just reply to this question by commenting on your own post :) )

Nore said...

the way I did it was to go to www.sitemeter.com and they make it pretty to add their script to your blog. Once you have the app on your blog they keep track of the isp # of the people who come to your blog and through that number, where they're from and what not. I also have a google analytics counter, but that's geared more towards business sites, but has nice charts, which is always appreciated. the google app is a bit more complicated to add, so I would go with sitemeter. Hope that helped :)