16.8.07

Building Blocks

Uuuuuhhhh. I have a horrible cold, which is horrible because I'm auditioning in a little more than a week and haven't been able to practice a note for the past few days, dammit all. Mind you this hasn't kept me from keeping update with the music news of the world, which has been very interesting. Amy Winehouse has been in a whirl-wind of controversy for the past week or so, the poor girl. Seems she should probably stick to rehab, which means the shirt I got of her's that says "I don't wanna go to rehab" is now even more ironic than before. I feel bad for her because she's so talented and being a drunk druggie is not going to do wonders for her career. Otherwise, not much news. BBC Radio 1 is coming out with this totally awesome album of covers from the past forty years, which incidentally is how old it is. I want it, kind of like I want to work for DIY, but I don't think I'll be able to get it, which is sad. Ya know what else is sad? The fact that I'll never see Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys, Lily Allen, or anyone else ever. They hate the Metro-DC, which means I will never see them again. Hopefully this means the White Rabbits will be available for most of the late-fall/early winter/winter season for my enjoyment. Mind you they are touring with KC, which might rub off on them. But god I love them. Especially the two main vocalists, who will be continually referred to as the blonde keyboardist and the brunette shorty. But really I love them all because they're all absolutely amazing. A proper review of the Cribs concert sometime in the future (promise!), but let's just say that the main act wasn't nearly as gratifying as the openers. In the mean time I'll be here at the beach with this awful cold and then moving off to college. Just a few more days and then I'm off, free! Something like that anyway. Uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh.
Ooooh, look at the block of rabbling. So much fun.

No comments: