26.8.07

Incredibly Bored and Nothing To Do

Since I'm bored, I think I'll post a few links. I will also tell you that my clarinet audition went horribly because I had very little control over what my hands were doing. There are two reasons for this: 1)I'd only just had my first meal of the day at 1:15pm and 2) I was nervous as hell. Somehow I got asked to be in the Wind and Percussion ensemble, which means I won't really have a life outside of the music department. I met my theory prof through this experience and he has bright white hair, which might prove distracting. In any event the audition was horrible and I'm planning on apologizing profusely to Prof. Gately, because I feel bad he had to listen to such garbage. Anyway, that was my day in a nutshell. That and some NMTB after the hellish audition. Now, onto the links.
So as we know this weekend was Carling Weekend, which is possibly the best festival known to man. There were some excellent bands playing there, like Kaiser Chiefs, Maximo Park, Interpol, Kings of Leon, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Hot Hot Heat, and loads of others. Well one of those bands were the Cold War Kids, who made the same mistake they made when I saw them: They played "Hang Me Out to Dry" in the middle of their set. At least they did at Reading, but still. It's like the anonymous poster says, end with a massive (aka your number 1 hit) song. :sigh:
Oh, the Smashing Pumpkins played as well, and Billy Corgan is a twat. He said that American girls are sluts and thus he is a dick/twat. And just because you're alternative, doesn't mean you get to say nasty things Mr. Corgan, that's for me to do.
Finally, Panic! at the Disco got bottled again this year, which makes me happy, because I hate them. That is all.
So classes start tomorrow. I'm not really nervous (yet) more worried that I won't wake up on time to get to breakfast and class on time. So here's to hoping that Nore gets to all her classes on time. Oh and big hello to all my random readers from basically all over the world. HELLO!!
P.S. I got some really cool posters including: The Ministry of Silly Walks, "Is your washroom breeding Bolsheviks?", and Tournee du Chat Noir. The room is starting to feel more like a room and less like a dormitory.

No comments: