27.8.07

Upper Classmen with Cars

So I've suddenly become very "popular" in the world of the wide web. I swear, I've been getting like five hits a day on my blog. Mind you, they're probably all accidents, but still. That's well above the former average of like two hits a day, if that. In any event, a big hello to my international "readers."
So I'm a wee bit tired from today. You see I've been up and about, and quite active, since like 7:30am, and that's gonna take some getting use to, considering how I've been waking up around 9am most mornings this summer. Nonetheless, my classes went really well today, except for showing up late to the instrumental ensemble. Thankfully we weren't really doing anything to do, so my life isn't totally ruined. My history teacher has a thick-ish Russian accent and crazy eye make-up which was bugging the crap out of me during the class. I also know way more about history than most of my classmates which was kind of awkward because I felt like I was the only one answering questions. To back track a bit, I'm absolutely in love with my seminar. Which isn't really a surprise, since it is about rock and roll, but I really, really, really love the class. I plan on indoctrinating my fellow students in the ways of good Britpop (not the Libertines, thank you very much) and Kaiser Chiefs. Other than that, I love my seminar and am very pleased with the calibre of my classmates. They know their shit.
So I come back from chorus auditions (yet again I'm in the all female group, why is that?) and Allison asks if I want to go to dinner. I was hungry since I didn't have the much for brunch (cereal and peanut butter sandwich) and so I said yes. Now I was expecting a rather awkward dinner without much talk, but it turned out to be anything but that. You see, Allison and I bumped into some upper classmen that she knows and we had dinner with them. It was quite cozy with eight of us around a little table meant for less, but a lot of fun. One of the people there was Bryan, who is not only cute but absolutely hilarious. All in all a very good dinner for me.
Not much else going on. I've got band and Newsgathering tomorrow, so I'll probably do laundry in the intermittent hours I'll have. That and the reading I have to do for theory and history. Yay for practically free days! Well I'm off to finish the reading for seminar. Till then my pretty ones, till then.
P.S. Set lists for the Cribs will be up tonight, but no review, sorry.

No comments: