27.9.07

The "House" Marathon Continues

I was going to get to see the Swell Season again, but Sophie shot me down quickly and quite painfully, which is the only way the conversation could have gone: either she was going to say "cool idea, let's do it" or she was going to say no, in which case we end up with me being very sad. Oh well, at least I have "House" to keep me entertained.
My classes are going well, considering how poorly journo is going, but for the most part I'm content in my performance, and hopefully I'll make it through journo with a semi-respectable grade and an only partially marred reputation. This weekend is family weekend which means I get to show my family around campus and legitimately avoid homework for most of Saturday. The again I'm doing much better in that area today (I've done most of my history reading) for no real reason, but hey, don't look a gift horse in the mouth right?
Umm...I've been watching a hell of a lot of "House" lately, which means that I've added Hugh Laurie to the list of British men that make the world a better place, along with Bill Nighy, Simon Pegg, David Tennet, the members of Arctic Monkeys (feel like putting them first today), Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Dicks, Maximo Park, and Terry Pratchett. On a side note, I'm now only mildly annoyed with Kaiser Dicks instead of being really, really pissed at them. This is because, as I've stated previously, they are the aural equivalent of chocolate, and at the moment I need all kinds of chocolate. And "House." I really need "House."
Why is it that all the guys I like tend to be shorter than me? My favourite singers, for the most part, are shorter than me and I'm fairly sure most of the male actors I like are shorter than me. And yet in my head, the fantasy prince is always taller than me. But at least I'm semi-consistent in the humour department. :sigh: Farber would be so happy if he knew. Then again he would be really, really happy with all the socializing Allison makes me do, but that's beside the point. The point is...a guy other than Rick is in my head, and I'm so not ready for that.

No comments: