22.10.07

Irony is Best Served Cold

Yesterday I was finishing up an entry for my seminar blog and I was trying to find out when Parva (the original Kaiser Chiefs) disbanded. So, I went to Wikipedia and searched "Parva." Wikipedia then redirected my search to the Kaiser Chiefs page, which didn't help my timeline at all since that page's history starts with Employment. The damned thing doesn't even mention Parva. In any event, I was looking at the sidebar in the hopes that it would lend some help with my search. Instead it gave me the sweet satisfaction of being able to call Drowned in Sound hypocrites. You when t'Chiefs first released "Oh My God" they weren't signed to their current label, B-Unique. So, the released that nifty little song through the Drowned in Sound label. Three years later the self same people are calling them bland shite. :) I love irony. It makes me happy on the inside. That and finding out hypocrisy and laughing at it. All things that make me happy. In any event I have to scoot off to an advisor meeting and try to convince Prof. Gately that taking only three real classes and a whole bunch of ensembles is a really good idea. Anyway, I'm off my loves. Till next time.

No comments: