27.12.07

Christmas Week Update

I can't believe it's only Thursday. It feels like it should be Friday, if only so I could imagine that my grandparents would be leaving tomorrow. Alas I have another two days of them. Oh well.
So I finally got to watch this year's Doctor Who Christmas special and I found it to be incredibly depressing. Sure the Doctor saves the Earth and Mr. Cooper gets to start his life over, but honestly given the huge number of people who died in the process, including Kylie Minogue's character, it just doesn't cut it. The episode, entitled "Voyage of the Damned," should have just been called "A Great Bloody Number of Deaths" or, as I told my sister, "Death." The main plot point is death with the underlying theme of universal right to marriage (cyborg = gay.) Truly depressing I tell you, truly depressing.
In happier Who news, here's a link to the season 4 trailer. It hints at stupid romance shit with Donna, but I don't believe it for a minute and will cry if that is the case. Overall though it looks brilliant.
As long as I've been reading Filter (going on three years now) they've done a Top Ten records for every day of December, as decided by an artist of the magazine's choice. So, for the 26th day of December they brought in Joe Jackson, forefather of New Wave and generally creepy looking guy. Of all the twenty bazillion Top X record lists I've read in the past month, Mr. Jackson's was the only one to feature YTAM. Granted, I wasn't expecting t'Chiefs to be in many of the lists given the lack lustre reviews the album received, but it's still rather cool to see that someone other than myself appreciated YTAM. Even if the dude is incredibly creepy looking.
Ever not know the lyrics to a song? Or think you know the lyrics to a song and then find out your wrong? I have. For instance, I continue that the first line of "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" goes like so: "Joan was quizzical/Studied metaphysical science in the home." The real lyrics go like so: "Joan was quizzical/Studied pataphysical science in the home." Now mine is more realistic because metaphysical sciences actually exist as compared to pataphysical, but the point is, I made up the lyrics to make sense to me. This, according to the nifty people at the mental_floss blog, is called a mondegreen. Interesting, no?
I didn't get Once for Christmas. I'm going to get a copy anyway, because I can't go back to school without it. How else will I torture Allison? I did, however, receive Jeeves and Wooster from Sophie, which will be fun. Mwhahahahahahaha.
To finish off the post, I've pictures. Lots of them. That I want to show off. Have fun. (Sorry for all of them being rather big, but it's worth it)

Photobucket
Maximo Park's Limited Edition Beer: For the True Indie Enthusiast

Photobucket
A Cool Castle in Scotland (from this list)

Photobucket
Leeds Castle, which is in Leeds, Kent, not Leeds, West Yorkshire :frowns deeply:

Photobucket
Look, it's real pilot fish! Oh to be Whovian
And...

Photobucket
The Stupidest Pool I've Ever Seen (taken by the drummer of Keane, Richard Hughes)

No comments: