13.12.07

In Loo of Actual Work

So it seems that the year is finally ending. Best of lists are being posted, Christmas cheer has reached its nauseating peak and CD releases have all but ended until 2008. Exams are coming to an end as well and the packing up of dorm rooms for a month at home has begun. Yes my dear readers, the end is nigh and what better to honour it than by posting a list of the hottest indie rockers. Well that's how Stereogum decided to celebrate the end and having looked at said list, I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed. It should be noted that I didn't know most of the people on this list, just their bands, so my evaluation probably isn't the fairest. Also, Feist won out over Jenny Lewis which just doesn't make sense. And of the guys I know on the list, none of them seem particularly attractive, except Mark Ronson. Who is incredibly attractive. But then again I've always had an unusual taste in men.
Oh right, here's a link to the AV Clubs posting of Stereogum's list. Completely forgot about that in my critique of the damn thing. Sorry.
So Allison hasn't been keeping regular sleeping hours which means that I've basically been "working" in the dark for the past few days. Yesterday was probably the worst because she didn't get to bed until 7am and so slept until 4 in the afternoon. Eventually I just gave up on trying to be quite and not have any light around 3, but that means that I spent most of the day in the dark. Granted I have perfected the art of watching things on YouTube whilst having a rather sluggish internet connection, so that's certainly a plus.
Well that's it really. I've become obsessed with a new game called Mad Virus but I can't get past level 5 which is rather sad. I've got my music theory exam tomorrow which means I have to get a blue book which means venturing outside. Yup. That's it. Ta for now loves.

No comments: