14.7.08

KC Bandwagon, All Aboard

So it seems that since DW is out for the count until December (hurrah Christmas special!) my obsessive nature has decided to latch back onto the KC bandwagon. I haven't decided whether this is a good thing or not, but I haven't re-joined any LJ communities so that's a good thing. Anyway, the point of all of this, is that this past weekend was T in the Park/Oxygen Festival. Much like Reading and Leeds Festivals the two work kind of in conjunction with each other, namely if you're playing T in all likelihood you're going to playing Oxygen. Unlike Reading and Leeds the two festivals don't share headliners, or at least that's my belief. Anyway, the ultimate point is that KC played both this weekend, ending with Oxygen. Another band, Rage Against the Machine, also ended with Oxygen. Because of a policy at Oxygen trying to control the number of injuries due to way too many people moshing at the front (my guess based on the language used in the NME article this is based on), Rage fans had to show up a set early to get those key spots. Let's think for a second. Rage Against the Machine compared to Kaiser Chiefs. Chances are, their fan bases don't really, at all, overlap. And this is the bit that makes me happy. Kaiser Chiefs won. Well, when I say won, I'm using the word as a means of showing that KC somehow managed to get hardcore (and trust me these guys had to be hardcore) Rage fans moshing. That would be a bit like getting me to like rap in a little less than an hour. So yeah, booya.
Because Hulu gives me House I'm now 4/5 of the way through Firefly. Don't ask me how the two correspond, just trust that they do and it's all because of Hulu.
Finally, sorry for any incoherence in this entry. My brain doesn't seem to be working properly today.

No comments: