7.7.08

Something To Do

Item 1:
1988 - Past Masters Volumes One and Two, The Beatles
1989 - All That Jazz, Ella Fitzgerald
1990 - Flood, We Are Giants
1991 - Achtung Baby, U2
1992 - Kerplunk, Green Day
1993 - In Utero, Nirvana
1994 - Parklife, Blur
1995 - Tragic Kingdom, No Doubt
1996 - Susanna Hoffs, Susanna Hoffs
1997 - Blurring the Edges, Meredith Brooks
1998* - Version 2.0, Garbage
1999 - Title of Record, Filter
2000* - Thirteen Tales of Urban Bohemia, The Dandy Warhols
2001 - Beautiful Garbage, Garbage
2002** - The All-American Rejects, The All-American Rejects
2003** - Folklore, Nelly Furtado
2004** - Hot Fuss, the Killers
2005* - Employment, Kaiser Chiefs
2006* - The Life Pursuit, Belle and Sebastian
2007* - Men's Needs, Women's Needs, Whatever, The Cribs
2008 - A Guide to Love, Loss & Desperation The Wombats (thus far anyway)

* These entries had runner ups too numerous to list
** These were the years I was deeply entrenched in the Beatles and so for the most part they weren't listened to during the year of their release (especially 2004)

Item 2:
Oh shut up Alex. You did not almost headline Glasto you dumb twit. Also, I doubt Damon Albarn's mother actually nixed the idea. For Christ's sake. You don't deserve Rossini.

Item 3:
Oooh, I'm a Bloc Party fan and therefore I get to complain about stupid countdowns and be taken seriously. Cor, if I complained every time a band's website made me unhappy I wouldn't have time to do anything else. I mean, KC had a stupid countdown to the "release" of a new website design. At least you got real information Bloc Party fans. All I got was a new website that told me nothing.

No comments: