2.9.08

If I Could Think of a Title, It Wouldn't Be This

I don't have anything I can say. I have a lot I would like to say, but I can't actually form the words to write out what is going on in my head. Despite outward appearances I have a lot that I've been thinking about, a lot I've been experiencing and mulling over but for some reason I can't make the lot coherent on the page. Or screen as it were. I'm assuming that eventually it will come out, but for now, just know that I have a lot that I'm going through right now, some good, quite a lot not so good, none bad, and that if I could write about it I would. The world I'm living in now is just kind of strange.
There are three things I can write out though. The first is that the DW/Sci-Fi club that Hunter wanted to start has officially been started. I don't know if it's an official club, but we held our first meeting last Friday and it was geek-tastic. Hunter made me so incredibly proud in a really geeky way and I felt very at home, which was incredibly nice since I had spent almost two weeks not feeling at home at all. The second thing is that I've decided that after the disaster of last year when I didn't do any "karaoke" singing, that Monday nights will be my "karaoke" nights. Basically that means I go to Pollard, check that no one is practising or on the first floor, and belt out a wild selection of songs. It's absolutely fantastic. Finally, the third thing is, is that I'm very quietly hiding my more outlandish personality traits from my roommate. This is quite easy though because she doesn't spend a lot of time in the room, but when she is around I try not to show off my insanity. For instance, I was checking the Kaiser Chief's website and knowing a) Kathy was in the loo and b) I would be seeing a picture of the band, I decided the best thing would be to check the site quickly and cover the picture. If Kathy had not been in the loo I would have had to endure Nick with a moustache and the presence of R. There are other things, but that was a more recent example and a very good one at that.
Finally, finally, radio should be starting up by the end of the month. "Returners" (me and my ilk) and newbies alike have to do radio training (bleh) and then there's even more cleaning up to do (hurrah!) and thems what be in charge have to make up a schedule so I'm guessing my first show won't be for another two or three weeks. Still I'm excited to get back in the studio. Hopefully being in my element will make me feel better. I'm getting the feeling I'll be needing that time on the radio.

No comments: