16.11.08

Short Random Spurts

You can almost always tell when you're watching a robot movie based off a robot novel by Isaac Asimov. The way you can tell because Asimov created what are called the Three Law of Robotics and they're always included in the movie. For instance, if I hadn't been paying attention during the credits of The Bicentennial Man I still would have known that it was based on an Asimov story because there's a whole big presentation on the three laws of robotics, complete with holographs and a Sousa march. So that's how you can tell it's a Asimov robot story. For everything else he wrote, pay attention to the opening credits.

I was watching an old episode of NMTB and one of the songs featured was "God Only Knows" by the Beach Boys. I decided to download said song as well as "Wouldn't It Be Nice." The odd thing is that whenever I hear either of those songs I immediately think about my freshman seminar and how incredibly depressed Brian Wilson was when recording Pet Sounds. I still like listening to the songs though because the Beach Boys are one of the few non-Motown American bands that had a large impact on British pop music, at least in my opinion. That and the fact that those two songs remind me of my favourite prof. ever, so it's all good.

Last night I got to hang out with Hunter which was uber-nice since I hadn't seen him all week and despite my paranoia, I'm really clingy. He mentioned that this week's "Sexclamations" in the Bullet (UMW's newspaper) was about penises (which is par for the course really) and that it was funny. So today, after much searching, I found said column and read it. It wasn't really that funny, but does feature a picture from Monty Python's The Meaning of Life and kinda mimics my own opinion of penises. Which I'm sure all of you really care about 0_0

In other Hunter-related news I got him to download "Victoria" by the Kinks. It's a small step in the right direction in my opinion. The next step involves Terry Pratchett and more Kinks, but we'll get there eventually.

More Buzzcocks!

No comments: