8.11.08

Time Marker

This entry is purely to mark a point in personal history. I think if I can figure out when I bought the first Kaiser Chiefs album based on journal entries, I should be able to pinpoint slightly more important personal dates based on journal entries. In any event, here's a Friday Five for your general amusement:

What's your favorite holiday ...
1. Song?
So many great holiday songs, but definitely "For Unto Us a Child Is Born" from Handel's Messiah. Actually anything from the Messiah gets me into a holiday mood, so yeah. Handel's Messiah

2. Movie or TV special?
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, duh. And Holiday Inn. :D

3. Memory?
We went to Arizona for Christmas one year and I had insomnia the entire time. But the night before we left I watched My Fair Lady and that was the last night I went to bed at a normal hour.

4. Baked good or desert?
Fuuudge. Mmm...also chocolate spritz.

5. Each year, what's the one moment that lets you know it's officially the holiday season?
When it's December 1st or when the Christmas lights get taken out by department stores.

So I'm going to a masquerade ball as Euterpe, the muse of music and lyrical poetry. I can't even pronounce her name, but that's who I'm going as. I'm very excited :D

Pop!

No comments: