9.12.08

Another Finals Interruption

We again interrupt Nore's study of linguistics with this small piece of news: Blur are reuniting. Now over to Nore for her reaction...
LIES!!!!!!! I don't know why I have such a visceral and unloving response to Blur reuniting, but I do. I think it has to do with the fact that two of the four members have gone on to have semi-successful music careers and they probably won't make it to the US and I don't need any more disappointment in my life. Or I'm just a very bitter old hag who doesn't want anyone to be happy. Dunno.
In other non-music news (well non-pop music news anyway) I've all but given up on completing MacBastard (MacGamut/aural training) by Thursday when it's due, but I still have to figure out how I'm going to write a fugue by Friday. Tomorrow is going to be hell, absolute hell. So's Thursday, but less so because I don't have a jury, just skills and socio. But as Amber (from Seaco) said this morning, by this time next week it will all be just a really horrible dream and I'll be able to sleep like a normal person again. Finally, Kathy has disappeared for the most part, which is a nice but very odd alternative to last year when Allison hid in her bed for the duration of finals. At least I can listen to my music without headphones, which is also nice, and talk out loud while I'm studying, which I acknowledge is very strange. Anywho, got to get back to linguistics. Do you know what a polysemy is? I do.

No comments: