16.1.09

Anecdote

As a student with disability accommodations, at the beginning of every semester I have to find my professors' office, give them a letter explaining that I'm a student with disability accommodations, and then run away very quickly. (You see I'm deathly afraid of talking to most of my professors, even if I don't act like it when I'm actually talking to them. I'm good like that.) Today was one of those days after having prolonged the inevitable for the entire week. So I went in search of my classics professor's office. After much searching of the obvious areas and double checking that I had the office number correct (I did) I decided to ask the Computer Science secretary if she knew were this mysterious office might be. And what should I see through the office door's window but a long streak of nothing in a long coat and very colourful scarf aka Hunter. The whole point of this story is to say the following: My boyfriend is one of the most distinctive people on campus and I find that very, very amusing. (He asked what I was doing there and while I of course said I was looking for my professor's office, I came up with a really witty reply when I was walking back to my room [in the incredibly bitter cold]: "I'm stalking you." I found that to also be very, very amusing.)
Anywho, just an amusing anecdote from my first week. I'm going to take a nap now, since I have nothing better to do.
On a final note, the band is going to have 3 or 4 trumpets, 3 french horns, and 3 euphoniums. We have a real brass section!!! Or we're very close to having a real brass section. Still, very exciting.

No comments: