16.1.09

To Thine Own Self Be True

This is why I didn't want a boyfriend. I know myself well enough to know that I get wrapped up, I get emotionally attached and pretty soon every action is a personal affront, an indication I did something wrong, a signal that everything is falling apart. I get frustrated, I get angry, I get possessive. I know this because I know myself. This is how I acted with Miles, this is how I act with my bands, this is how I act with my shows. I yell and think evil thoughts, but when the emotional attachment is to something or someone I don't actually know, it doesn't matter. It means nothing. But when the emotional attachment, and all the emotions attached, is to someone real, someone I know, things go to hell and a hand basket. These are real emotions, emotions I have for a real person. And he can never know because if he was at all sensible he would run in the opposite direction. I would.

No comments: