23.1.09

Bad Night

You know it's a bad night when...
  • The only thing keeping you from screaming is a fear that someone won't understand and alert the police
  • The only thing keeping you from crying out right is concentrating on the song your singing
  • You wish you could drink out of the vain hope that it will make you feel better
  • The loudness of a door banging is an excellent measurement of how frustrated you are
  • You can't even feign niceness when talking to the reason for it being a bad night, even though he has no idea why you have any reason for being mad
  • Singing at the top of your lungs is the only constructive means of expressing your frustration
  • Throwing your purse against a window doesn't seem like that bad an idea
  • Even the thought of Stephen Fry isn't enough to make you feel less hollow inside
Tonight is bad. I know if I do as he asked, I'll regret it. I'm so like my father when I'm mad or frustrated. I stew and I avoid. I'm not proud of this fact, but at least I can acknowledge the fact. But I'm not going to change tonight and though I may regret it in the morning, I'll just have to live with that. It's been a very bad night for me.

No comments: