1.1.09

Ringing in the New Year

In the past year (literally since January 1st) I have written around 147 entries (depending on where you're reading this). In the same amount of time I've had around 2,381 people look at my blog (or a particular entry) and go "Mmm, not what I was looking for." Granted of those 2,381 hits some have stuck around for a couple of minutes, but most glance and retreat. Without actually reading all 147 entries I would say more than half of them concern music in one way or another. The rest of the entries are either emo-tastic, nonsense (less than four sentences), fangirl-ish ravings (though really a good majority of those fall under the music category), or can be considered misc (any and everything about Hunter and a good bit of how I spent my summer). Most entries are a combination of the above categories.
In past years I have written more entries and slightly more profound things have happened to me. It seems that 2008, except for some really big awesome events (Obama getting elected comes to mind), has been a bit of a let down for everyone involved. But, things have happened, both good and bad and I feel they need to be documented. Just the good bits anyway, it is a holiday after all.
The year started off a bit rocky, but then again I was living with a moody bitch, so anyone's year would have started off rocky given the conditions. However things got better and by May I was free of the bitch and looking forward to the summer. Not that I should have been really, but I was anyway.
Late-ish in May I got my first job which was all well and terribly exciting. Having the job helped me narrow my focuses in terms of what I want to do in radio, but also reconfirmed that I really do want to be in radio for ever and ever (amen.) Having a job also meant that I spent a great deal of time commuting and not being around my Dad, both of which I was thankful for. But, as people who like clichés say, all good things must come to an end and soon it was time for the family vaca. And then school (dun dun duuuuuuuuh.)
The new school started out with a frenzy of depression followed by three different colds. Needless to say the first two months can only be described as somewhat grim with two things saving me from completely writing them off as shit: Anticipation and Doctor Who. The former deals with my waiting eagerly for the new Keane and Kaiser Chiefs albums and the latter has to do with the newly formed sci-fi (Doctor Who) club. But then something rather miraculous and completely unexpected happen: I got a boyfriend. A living breathing boyfriend. And that made all the shit (music theory, band) not matter as much. It's kind of sad, but true nonetheless. The past three months have gone by at a ferocious pace and the Kaiser Chiefs album is still only passable.
So now, as the new year begins I have Who, a boyfriend, and a roommate who doesn't drive me up the wall. My life isn't perfect, but I look forward to the new year and what it holds. It should be very interesting.
Later (today or tomorrow) a round-up of music and movies from 2008. Guaranteed to be much shorter than this entry!

No comments: