4.1.09

This Isn't the Music 2008 Post I Promised

Dear Future and Perspective Boyfriends,
I am not dainty. I am a stubborn mule who refuses to move on the opinions (and things) I care about. I won't necessarily argue with you, but I tend not to argue when I'm not an expert on the subject. Also I've never really had good experiences when arguing, so that's another deterrent. However this doesn't mean I'm old fashioned and will bow to your every will. Yes I am inexperienced, but I'm not stupid. In fact that there's a very good chance I'm smarter than you, so don't underestimate me. Or if you do, do so at your own peril. To reiterate my first point, I'm not dainty. I don't want to be treated like I'm a porcelain doll, just like a princess, and only occasionally. Generally I should be regarded as your equal and if I'm not I'll get tetchy and then angry and you won't like me when I'm angry. I'm very much like my father when I'm angry. I won't yell, I'll just brood and be terse. Trust me, in the long run that reaction is much worse than yelling. I know my anger may seem unreasonable, but that's a tendency you'll just have to deal with. I am unreasonable and have been ever thus since my birth [wow, that was really Shakespearean]. As long as I am me I will be unreasonable and I will be stubborn. I will also be a romantic, but at heart (or better yet at intellect) I am a realist and a pessimist and will act accordingly. Don't taunt me, don't tempt me because my Emergency Program One is to run and I will if you give me a wide enough opening to do so. Treat me as you would treat yourself and I suppose you'll be fine. There are no guarantees when it comes to dealing with me. I have unreasonable expectations instilled by Disney and fairy tales and I've yet to let go of them. Also I have hormones from hell and hate phones. So good luck. I can't pretend to imagine why you want to be with me, but I've given you fair warning now. So yes, good luck.
With all sincerity,
Nore

No comments: