8.2.09

Amphitheatre Escapades

Well I just had a really lovely afternoon. The weather is gorgeous (currently 72 degrees Fahrenheit) and the sun is shining, so around 12:30 I decided I would enjoy this glorious weather by spending the afternoon at the amphitheatre. So I packed up my books (classics, Asian Civ, and music history) and headed over to the amphitheatre. When I got there, there were already two people there which surprised me since usually I go when no one else is there. Still, I settled down on the steps and started reading one of the many Homeric hymns I have to read for class tomorrow. When the two people that were there left, I started wandering around, as is my wont, and generally enjoying the weather and the freedom of being alone at the amphitheatre. I was listening to my classical mix, reading Homeric hymns and chapters from the Iliad and the Odyssy and just really enjoying the weather and not worrying about a damn thing. The first track on my classical mix is "Bolero" by Ravel and in the middle of said track, I decided to enjoy my freedom and the weather just a little bit more by dancing around like I actually know how to dance. So I was pacing and dancing and leaping about like I'm wont to do when I have this strange feeling that someone else is in the amphitheatre seeing me make an ass out of myself. So I look up from my book (yes I was dancing and reading at the same time, I'm just that good) and who should I see but Heather, Lauren, and Hunter, staring at me. I just about pissed myself from embarrassment. Of course they didn't realize it was me until I stopped dancing, but still. It was an odd moment to say the least. I'm usually much more aware of my surroundings. Still, it was a wonderful afternoon. And dancing to "Bolero" is a lot of fun.

No comments: