21.2.09

Pen Pal

I have a pen pal (a moniker I'm sure he would appreciate.) It's fun and as has been very cathartic because we mostly just talk about music with some side lining into the personal stuff. He really knows his stuff about British music and it's been so refreshing to have someone know as much, if not more, than I do. He also knows a bit about Doctor Who which is always a plus because my sci-fi geek side is as important as my British music geek side. I told my mum about him this morning and her first reaction was worry and "are you sure he's not some old guy?" I personally am not worried because I use my brain and have never revealed any real personal information. Except that one time I mentioned the exact town I live in. But that was four years ago. Still, it's been so nice having someone to distract me from last weeks (almost two weeks) event. Besides, he's "forcing" me into listening to all the bands I know I should be listening to but just haven't gotten around to listening to. Of course he found me through LJ which just adds a layer of oddness to it that I appreciate in a strange way. It's fun though, this pen pal stuff. Lots of fun.

No comments: