24.2.09

Cocker by Name, Cocker by Nature

So it's been awhile since I last did a proper update. This is for two reasons: a) not that much has been happening and b) I'm very tired. My heart's still recovering (which I now predict will not end until the end of the semester or I get a new boyfriend) and this week is mid-terms. My pen pal has convinced me that I really do need to listen to Pulp so I've doing that for the past day or so as well. Jarvis Cocker confuses me though. As I wrote in a note I made about him he is both constantly on the prowl for more sex and what would have happened if David Bowie had been from Sheffield and was into new wave. And I'm dead serious when I say that. On the other hand I can't help but associate him with an episode of NMTB were he's doing this really stupid looking dance to "Common People" and then (this was a connections round) being associated with the lead singer from Spandau Ballet (I'm not going to tell you how their connected, it's too confusing.) So on the one hand I have this guy who sounds like sex but reminds me of NMTB. It's very confusing for me poor brain. In any event, I've listened to Different Class almost twice through and I still like Blur better. I've got one more album I need to listen to and hopefully my brain won't explode from listening to Mr. Cocker's voice too much.
In other news, UMW is having a con. On a Sunday. And Ben Folds is coming to play on a Monday. The scheduling at this school is very strange. Speaking of scheduling I've decided that I'm going to take elementary astronomy for my science requirement because I really like stars. I have one more class to choose (none of my other required classes are being offered next semester) and I'll have a full schedule. Of course I'll also be counting down the days till I'm in London (because I will be in London a year from now dammit.) So yeah, scheduling and Mary Washicon. I'm not cosplaying, but see no point in not going. It's all of five minutes from my room. :shrugs:
I've been wearing the hat and keep getting compliments, which I find strange. It's way big on me and I keep worrying that it's going to fly off. It has flown off twice, once at Union Station and again yesterday into the bushes near my dorm (that was well annoying.) Tomorrow I have a recital that I'm actually not dreading and hopefully it will go okay. I also have my show tomorrow and have to start on another paper for music history. I can't wait till Friday. Until next time.

No comments: