9.2.09

V-Day Part 1 cont.

Right now I'm taking a break from reading about Japanese history with all of it's incredibly difficult-to-pronounce names and will instead update you lot on my v-day gift for Hunter. I am seriously desperate to avoid work, but if I start watching Gossip Girl again, I will never get this reading done. So, the v-day gift.
Originally I was going to get the bf a fob watch. Then I discovered that fob watches cost as much as one of my dresses and as much as I care about the bf, it seems a bit early to spend that much money on him. So then I was completely lost as to what to get him. I searched and searched, trying to think of something geeky and romantic, with nothing to show for it. Until ThinkGeek.com came to the rescue. I got a flash drive that's packaged in a fake cassette tape fashion (I tried to link to an image, but the site is cooperating with me, so just picture a cassette tape with a small flash drive in the middle.) It holds 90 minutes of music, which has been broken down into two play lists, the first of which I finished last night and second of which I'm almost done with. The second play list is entirely British and consists of all my favourite British artists (well the majority of them anyway). One song each (otherwise the whole thing would be Kaiser Chiefs) and I'm just waiting on Lily Allen's second album to be released so I can decide whether I'm going to feature a song from that album or her first album. I suspect he won't like any of it and will think I'm a big weirdo for making him two play lists while he get's me DW fan art, but I don't care. If he hasn't already figured out that music is my life, he'll get it now.
I also got a card from Etsy.com that says "Shut Up and Kiss Me" with a little Eros* at the bottom. It's stupid and dorky, but so is a card with "XOXO" on it. V-day is just cheesy, and there's nothing he can do about it. I haven't gotten to really celebrate this day since elementary school, so I'm going all dorky and cheesy over it. It's fun to be dorky and cheesy every once in a while.
*Eros, Cupid. It's all the same when you get down to it: A pudgy little guy shooting arrows so people will have sex with each other. And yes, my classics class is going very well, ta.

No comments: