7.3.09

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

I feel I owe this blog some happiness, so that's what I'm going to do. Write about some happy stuff. :D
I've been working on losing weight mostly since the new school year started, but a little bit over the summer as well. Well all my efforts (avoiding vending machines, eating Weight Watchers meals) have seemed to have paid off. I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and it would seem I have lost somewhere around the 20 lbs mark. I'd probably have lost more if I didn't have a weak spot for Caesar salads with crispy chicken, mozzarella sticks and garlic bread (along with pizza and bagels) but I'm not perfect. Still it's nothing to sniff at. So yay me! And don't worry, you won't be hearing about any of this again, unless something dramatic happens, like I lose a bagillion pounds overnight. In which case, I need all of you to start looking for cute fat babies. 0_0
In other bright and happy news I'm seeing OK Go tonight!! Which means I'm seeing two bands in a single month, something I haven't done since this past summer. I think I would be more excited if I hadn't been home for a week and therefore hadn't had so much time to think and dwell and become seriously mopey. But still, it should be fun and hopefully the venue is a good one. I've never been to Recher Theatre before, but since it has theatre in its name, it has to be better than the Sonar. Quite frankly anything's better than the Sonar, so...yeah. Still it should be a really great show and I am excited. I can't guarantee a review, but you lot will definitely get a set list within the next few days.
Now for two rather hilarious links: Australia by the ever wonderful Weebl and some very good reasons why you should wear safety goggles. I find them amusing anyhow.
Also I love Dollhouse. :D

No comments: