12.4.09

Sad Songs and Waltzes

I'm stressed. And I'm worried. For the first time this year I'm purposefully blowing off an assignment because I just can't handle doing it right now. I don't think I'm going to just not do it, I'm just not doing it tonight. And that worries me because I haven't done that this year and since entering college I've generally tried to avoid that kind of behaviour. It was a behaviour I left behind in high school, or at least a behaviour I tried to leave behind in high school. But this project is 1/7 of my grade and I'm not incapable of doing it. Which is why I'm stressing. This semester has to go well for me and thus far my general feeling is that it's not. I know I'm not doing particularly well in Classics, I have a good chance of pulling my grade up to a B in Asian Civ, absolutely no clue in music history (thanks for getting those papers back Roach) and so-so in Theory. I need all of these classes to be Bs. It might not be possible in Classics, unless I do fabulously on the final and actually turn in the paper for Troy and there's a very good chance of getting a B in Asian Civ. I could be doing a lot better in music history than I currently think I am, but since I haven't gotten any of my papers back I can't be sure. Which gets us back to theory. I did really well on the first test and so-so on the second test. Past analysis and comp projects lead me to believe that I'll do fairly well on the comp project, as long as I don't get myself to far into something crazy, and I'd do well on the analysis project if I was turning it in on time. But I'm not. And so I stress. Until this project is turned in, I won't be calm. Quite frankly, until I know that I have a 3.0, I won't be calm. I'll be worried and stressed. None of which is conducive to doing well. It's a vicious little circle I live in. A vicious never ending circle.

No comments: