23.8.09

Good Times

Recently I've been a bit blue. I blame this on my on going family issues and having fuck all to do. Well tonight made up for some of the loser-ness that has been my life for awhile. First we had a dorm meeting where I got to take the piss out of my ex's girlfriend* and generally act confused when forced to participate in a "get to know your neighbours" game. Then there was a radio station meeting. There's something about inept administrations and the frustrations they lay upon the rest of us that brings me all kinds of joy. In actuality, it's incredibly idiotic that the school won't let the radio station have a computer, since we live in a closet, but I can't help but smile when I hear about just how stupid the school administration is. Maybe it's because of years of training by my school county (thank FFX!) but I kind of revel in idiocy. Sure it can be pissing, but ultimately I find a perverse kind of humour to the whole thing. So there you have it. Idiocy makes me happy.
Tomorrow classes start. My first class isn't until 1pm, but I've come up with a list of tasks I have to do, most of which I'm not terribly excited about. My first task, outside of showering and eating breakfast, is to see if my accommodations are ready. My second task is to go to pysch services and see if I can schedule some appointments to talk about things with Larissa. There are some obvious reasons why I'm a bit apprehensive about doing these things, but mainly I don't want to do them because I'm lazy and hate doing things for myself. Still, these tasks can't be avoided and hopefully I won't run into anyone who I don't want to run into and still have some time to read Dracula. All I know is that I'm going to be listening to a lot of Kaiser Chiefs in the next few days.
On one last note, I can have rum in my room without Stephanie or I getting in trouble. Of course, no rum for Stephanie.
*In a show of good roommate-ness and general saneness, when I told Stephanie that I think my ex's girlfriend looks like horse she responded "I was thinking the exact same thing!" Turns out the slag is a club with Stephanie and she spent an entire afternoon sitting across from said slag thinking "she looks like a horse." That made my night, along with the station meeting where we found Pabst Blue Ribbon beer cans and an empty box for Pinnacle vodka in the station.

No comments: