24.9.09

Nore's [Fill in the Blank] Radio Show

Every week I do a brief (hahaha) run down of my radio show over at wmwc.umwblogs.org so that people who happen to know about that blog can catch up on what I did during my show. I've recently added links to videos on YouTube to make sure I can still do basic html while typing (I can). Because I haven't written in this blog in a while, I'm going to copy this week's entry to this blog, so you too can enjoy my show without having to actually listen to me nattering away and forgetting which song is next (because my Zune still hasn't shipped). Have fun!

This week's show was made in the face of much opposition. This week's show was created out my sweat and tears as the last thread of my sanity went down the proverbial drain. This week's show happened in spite of the fact that no one did a thing to speak of. This week's show was created because I care about all of you. This week I'll give you both the talking points and videos. Don't expect that kind of respect next week. So now for the dets.

Playlist [There were two minor revisions from the original playlist, but no worries, I wrote everything down this week]
  1. Morning Light - Ida Maria
  2. Ignore the Ignorant - The Cribs
  3. Bad Reputation - Joan Jett
  4. Rudie Can't Fail - The Clash
  5. Right Where They Left - The White Rabbits
  6. Can't Stop Feeling - Franz Ferdinand
  7. Just - Mark Ronson
  8. When The Cows Come Home - Blur
  9. French Navy - Camera Obscura
  10. London - The Rumble Strips
  11. Mouthwash - Kate Nash
  12. Waiting - Cake
  13. Good Days Bad Days - Kaiser Chiefs
  14. F*** You - Lily Allen [This is the explicit version, so be warned]
  15. Seattle - The BPA
  16. Young Love - Mystery Jets
  17. Burial - Miike Snow
  18. Fire - Kasabian
  19. Grounds for Divorce - Elbow*
  20. Wait For Me - The Pigeon Detectives
  21. Low Rising - The Swell Season
  22. On the other side - The Strokes
  23. Blue Skies - Noah and the Whale
  24. Can't Say What I Mean - Kaiser Chiefs**
  25. Golden Years - David Bowie***
  26. We Are Golden - Mika
  27. Ulysses - Franz Ferdinand
The Talking PointsReleases
  • Mum - Sing Along to Songs You Don't Know
  • Rufus Wainwright - Milwaukee at Last!!! [Deluxe Edition]
  • Baseman Jaxx - Scars
  • Monsters of Folk - Monsters of Folk

Well that's it for this week. Next week is up in the air, though there will defininatly be music, I can promise you that. Until then, don't panic.

*As with last week I'm featuring Elbow backed by a full orchestra. The first link is to the official video, the second to the Abbey Road session. What can I say, I'm a sucker for orchestration.
**This is me, dragging you into my sad obsession. I apologize.
***Whenever I hear this song, I think of the big dance scene from A Knight's Tale. So in choosing a video link, guess what I went with. The big dance scene from A Knight's Tale.

No comments: