11.9.09

The Week in Brief

I got mentioned in my school's newspaper today. The online edition doesn't show it, but in the hard edition (which takes drugs) there's a neat little column that recommends some shows to listen to. And guess who get's her own category? That's right, Nore! I was in the Washroom (which is like the Student Union on most campuses) and I just about flipped out when I saw it. "Brit-pop: Nore [Last Name]- Wednesday, 8-9 p.m." So what if the show is actually from 8pm to 10pm? I am my own category. I'm thrilled. I'm keeping the article forever. It's the capstone to what started out as a pretty shit week. So let's start from the beginning.

Monday
I woke up tired. I woke discouraged and slightly depressed. My Zune sat in it's little package waiting to be sent off to Laredo, Texas and it dawned on me, completely, that I would have no portable music, and with my schedule, no music most of the time. It was gloomy and I had nothing to perk me up. Ultimately Monday wasn't that interesting. My religion lit. class seems to drag on and on, but at least the reading material is interesting. Mu Phi had it's first meeting and I wrote a resume for Jean-Baptiste Lully. I went to bed tired.

Tuesday
I woke up tired again. Tuesdays and Thursdays are the worst because I have a class at 8:15am and I am the least morning person alive (though, actually that's not true, but I digress.) Tuesday was another gloomy day and to add to the despondancy, the one artist who I hadn't heard of won the Mercury Prize. Band killed my soul and I started dealing with music withdrawal symptoms (namely going insane.) I made a fairly successful playlist for my radio show and went to bed with hope that Wednesday would prove to be a better day.

Wednesday
It wasn't. I told a class of wannabe elementary school teachers not to treat learning disabled students like idiots and got a $5 Starbucks gift certificate for the effort. I sweated like a crazy person and my nerves stayed with me the rest of the day. I polished off the talking bits of my radio show and realized how very dependant I am on listening to music in between classes. And then the program I use to record my radio show from the internets didn't record the whole thing. Which is fine in a way because I wasn't even sure I wanted to use the show for Westminster (which is the reason I record the show) but now I don't even have the option really. I went to bed tired and hopefully about the next because I had an appointment to socialize.

Thursday
The day didn't start sunny or end sunny. But it was a good nonetheless because I hung out with some friends and had good food (Thai is lovely.) Classes weren't stressful, band set-up wasn't stressful, the brass section sat in the correct seats, and I tried in vain to defend Henry Purcell's one try at opera. I worked my lab hours and then went off to socialize. It was fun, though I now have blisters on the balls of my feet. I totally freaked my roommate out (who's insane by the by), but that was okay. I had had a good day.

Friday
Basking in the glow of the previous day, I didn't really have many expectations for today. I caught a glimpse of my ex during psych and spent the rest of the class trying to act like I hadn't while taking notes on the brain and neurons. And then I found out about the WMWC article and the rest of my day was made. Not much else happened really. The DW club (which is what it will always be) didn't have a meeting meaning I didn't have to see my ex, which in my opinion is always a good thing. I had frozen pizza for dinner and everything is good. Very zen. I also spent way too much time fretting over when my Zune will get to Laredo, I want it back so desperately! But it's not scheduled to arrive until the 15th, which probably means it won't be delivered back to the house until the 20th, maybe the 25th. Still, hope springs eternal that I will have my portable music back by the end of the month. We shall see.

Alright, I'm going to go to bed now. The massive amounts of diet coke I drank tonight coupled with the sugar I have digested is making me jittery and sleepy. I'm going to see an outdoor production of A Midsummer Night's Dream tomorrow and may or may not do quickie reviews of the new Arctic Monkeys and Cribs' albums. I'll just say one is good and one is trying to hard (it's up to you to guess which is which.) Now, I will worry about breakfast for tomorrow and sleep. Until then.

No comments: