13.9.09

A Weekend in Brief

So my plans for this weekend didn't exactly go to plan. For instance yesterday I spent three hours a birthday party I had no idea was happening. So let's star there.
Yesterday morning I woke up with a definite plan in my mind: Go see A Mid-Summer Night's Dream and do fuck-all else. And then I checked my email and saw that a friend of mine had sent me a message over facebook. So I started checking the message when I saw that the header was "Hunter's B-day?" I stopped reading the message and concentrated on doing things other than reading the message. The weird/crazy thing is that when I was setting up my schedule at the beginning of school I was convinced something was happening on the 12th. I was right, just not about what was happening. Anyway, I put off reading the message until I had finished checking everything else on the internet and then finally read it. I had, hesitantly, been invited to the ex's 21'st b-day party by a mutual friend. I then preceded to freak and call home to get advice on what to do. My sister said to not go, but Mum said to go and stay at least a half hour. I ended going and staying three hours. The mutual friend was glad I came and I got to spend some quality time "learning" how to play Risk and talking to another friend of mine. I barely made I contact with the ex and didn't say goodbye or happy birthday. I got cake as well, so a fairly good time was had by all. I didn't do anything rude (like neighing under my breath) and didn't do bodily harm to the VIP. So, in short, it was an unplanned success.
Today didn't go to plan either really. I didn't see A Mid-Summer Night's Dream mainly because I'm lazy, but also because it would have been hot and I would have been eaten alive by the bugs. Mostly though I was just lazy and ended up spending the majority of the day rewatching episodes of Ashes to Ashes. I also started finding the disparate pieces for my Halloween costume, wherein I will dress up as Old Gregg to either complete failure or semi-success. I've also decided that if Old Gregg doesn't work out, I'll be the Moon. I've also started working on my study abroad application once again. I'm turning in the application request for an official transcript tomorrow, but the big thing I'm worried about is the personal essay. How do I explain my reasons for wanting to join the study abroad program without sounding crazy (or really pathetic)? I might be posting a dry run through up here, but we shall see. I've got a month to finish everything and have it shipped to Westminster, so you can see why I'm a little worried at the moment. Still I have one radio show edited and ready to send off and I'm going to go talk to my advisor and the IAS people tomorrow, so at least I'm making some good head way with this. :sigh:
So there's my weekend. Not a complete dud and definitely less depressing than last weekend. Let's hope the trend continues.

No comments: