15.10.09

Mika, Ranting, and Rain

In case you're wondering, Mika has taken over my head space. The Kaiser Chiefs are making a valiant effort by forcing me to wake up with their songs stuck in my head, but overall Mika has taken the place of top obsession for the moment. I suspect there will be a point where his infectious pop music will start to annoy and then t'Chiefs will ride in on a big horse and take back over, but for now it's all about Mika. Mika, Mika, Mika. Anyway, that's not the only reason I'm updating (yes, there's more than one reason.)
Westminster applications for next semester were due today and I'm dead nervous that a) my application didn't get there on time and b) I won't get in. I sent it over two weeks ago (approximately) but the mail people said 6 to 10 days and...I just want this to happen so badly and despite my college acceptance experience, I'm not entirely sure I'll get accepted into Westminster, which is way more important to me than getting into college was. Now that it's out my hands and...gaaaaah. I can't even verbalize/write how important getting in is and how scary/nervous-making this whole process is for me. It's like waiting for college acceptance letters times twenty-hundred five thousand million billion. I've jokingly told Stephanie that if I don't get in, she won't want to be my roommate next semester, but it's not a joke. If I don't get in, as far as I'm concerned my future is dead. Technically that might not be true, but that's how it feels. And of course it's raining and bitterly cold and I don't have a coat and left my umbrella at home. And yes, I know this pales in comparison to many peoples worries/fears, but dammit I get to be selfish sometimes.
Then of course we have fall break. I swear to god if my mum asks me if a) she's a good person or b) a good teacher ever again I'm going to throw cutlery at her face. I'm so tired of her insecurities. I'm tired of my dad cutting everything I do down to nothing even when it's actually really quite impressive. Amazingly enough my sister is the only person I can stand being around, but really that's only under certain circumstances. Back to my mum. She manages to direct every fucking conversation to special education and her experience with special education. I'm all for special education, but most of the theories and principles behind special education I think are bull shit. Studies are crap. Generalities mean diddly squat in real life. And my life has nothing to do with teach sp-ed. Nothing whatsoever. I'm just so tired of my family. I would have preferred to have spent fall break doing almost everything I did, but at school. It just pisses me off that I can't go home without coming back with a guilt complex and feeling like I didn't really have a break at. :listens to Mika:
At least I have my Zune back. It's been so nice having my music with me at all times. I don't have to converse with people randomly and I can listen to things that make me happy, which will be excellent tomorrow night which is when I'll really need it. Can I go to London now? Pretty please? I've been such a good girl lately. :sigh:
One of Stephanie's friends wrote the following on our whiteboard: "Isn't the weather great?" He was being serious (he wants to live in Germany when he graduates) and I've been wanting to see him in person so I can tell him, yes I can deal with this weather, but only if I have an umbrella and Wellingtons. I have neither and I know as soon as I acquire them, it will stop raining. But yes, this weather is great Houston.

No comments: