1.1.10

And A Happy New Year

I was drunk last night, dear Mother;
I was drunk the night before.
But if you forgive me Mother,
I'll never get drunk anymore.
--- Tootie Smith (from Meet Me In St. Louis)

After watching other members of my family get drunk, I've hypothesized that when one is drunk one's greatest fear in life comes to the forefront (or at least it does with my family.) This is what I learned about myself:
  • I'm quite jovial when drunk
  • I'm more irrational than usual
  • My greatest fear in life (based on my hypothesis) is death and not understanding the people around me (and that they are making fun of me)
Anyway, since I basically have sign post entries for every other major event in my life, I thought I'd continue that tradition by writing about getting proper drunk for the first time. I will say this however - I'm glad I did it at home and not college. At least at home you know for certain that people will make sure you haven't died in your sleep because for some unknown reason you've suddenly stopped breathing.

No comments: