7.1.10

I'm Freakin' Out Man

I am currently in the throes of "Oh dear god I'm leaving for a foreign country in a week"-style panicking. I spent Sunday making up lists of the things I need to pack and the things that I'll be buying once I'm in London. I've figured out how to get to my dorm from Heathrow and how to get to the orientation sight from my dorm. I'm currently worrying about money (surprise, surprise) and whether my parents (Mum) actually know what they're talking about when they say I can use by debit card like I normally do when I'm in London. I've got a knot in my stomach that comes and goes and for some reason people keep asking me if I'm packed and ready to go even though I'm not leaving for another week. I've applied for an Oyster card but haven't received any word as to whether my application has been approved and I'm starting to wonder whether there will be any cash points in Heathrow so I can pay for the train and bus or whether I should go to the bank and buy cash there. I also have the attention span of a small dog [squirrel!] and can't locate the external hard drive that holds all of my favourite things in the world.
However I will say this for myself: At least I have the lists and I'm doing a very good job of not exploding at people. I'm also pleased with myself for already figuring out how to get to and from places for the most part and the whole not exploding at people thing is also very good in my mind. I'm sure there will be more freaking out in the days to come, but for right now I've got everything I can have under control, under control. Let's just hope it stays that way.

No comments: