20.1.10

Ups and Downs

The bullet points are back people. The homesickness hasn't gone away, but I figure that you all deserve to know what's going on with me. So here are the highlights:
  • As evidenced by my phone, I found St. Ann's. I went to St. George's, which is another shopping centre in the same area and while it doesn't have as many useful stores as St. Ann's, it's there and it's good to know how not useful it is.
  • I added one more class to my roster, "Art and Society" which will give me the opportunity to see different locations and galleries in London. I figure that it will be edifying if nothing else.
  • I have all of tomorrow free so I've come up with a small-ish list of places I want to go to that are in central London. One of the locations is a restaurant called Bar Italia which Pulp named a song after, hence the appeal. Pictures will be taken and posted on my Flickr photostream. Expect pictures of the Gherkin and various other things.
  • I'd never admit this under normal circumstances, but I'm really glad I'm a member of PEO. I'm also really glad my Mom has a friend in London who she's still in touch with. These are all things for which I am currently very thankful for, though I think we all know that this too shall pass and eventually I'll be really glad I'm in London. Eventually.
Well that's it. I got a normal night's sleep last not which was good. I'm not sure when I'll update next, possibly after the weekend and once classes have started up. We shall see. Until then, don't panic.

No comments: