21.11.05

100th Post

I live in a town called Reston. I go to the local high school and have small group of people I consider friends. I'm band and play the clarinet. I find that most of my teachers are pretty cool with the exception of my band teacher. He's a complete and utter flake. I live about 1/2 an hour away from Washington D.C. on route 66. I lived in DC for the first 8 years of my life and have been to almost all the museums at least twice. I've been to the monuments at least once or have driven/walked past them multiple times. I learned how to ride my bike in the "back yard" of the Supreme Court. I was 5 minutes from the Mall, so I watched the fireworks there almost every 4th of July. My Dad is a corporate lawyer and once worked for MCI. He now works for Patton/Boggs which no one outside of the lawyer world will probably have heard of. My Mums and Dad met at law school. Mums is a stay at home mom currently taking graduate classes in special education. Sophs, my sister, is two years older than me and annoys the crap out of me every once in awhile. We have very similar tastes in music. She's not so bad really. My family use to have a cat named Sadie who didn't like anyone save my dad. She especially did not like Sophs. She died when I was in 5th grade shortly after we got our first dog Nikki. We have two dogs, Nikki and Rosie. They think they're fierce but they aren't.
Reston is a suburb of DC and it seems to me that almost nothing interesting happens. There isn't a lot that happens in DC either except for the politics. Not a lot of rock musicians come to DC. Mostly they go to some of the bigger venues in Maryland or Virginia. In any event, they're never very close and Sophs has to want to go because I don't have my license yet. Another thing I've noticed is that rock musicians usually only play one night and then move on. Granted the USA is a pretty big country, but still. I think the only thing that happens in this part of the country are plays I can't/don't want to go to or a new art exhibit. Plus all the politics.
I'm a brit-pop junkie with a more eclectic taste than some would think. I grew up listening to oldies, jazz, classical, and whatever else my parents played around me. I've been singing since I knew how and except for the last year have been some sort of choir/chorus since I was very little. As for books my two favorite authors are Douglas Adams and Julian Barnes. I've read a lot since I learned how to read, which is actually pretty amazing. I taught myself how to read, without phonetics, which is a pretty major accomplishment. Haven't beat that one yet. I'm a fast reader just like my Dad, my grandfather and my mom's older sister. I just wish I had more time to read.
That's my life for the most part. Not a lot happens to me that I think is particularly interesting, or that someone else might deem as interesting. I keep a journal to insure that I don't go insane and to prove that I'm crazy. This is my 100th post. I'm pretty proud of that

No comments: