17.11.05

How To Be A Great Lead Singer (or just the requirements)

  1. Must have a "lead singer" voice (Think George Harrison v. Paul McCartney, or Dave Grohl v. Kirk Cobaine)
  2. Must have stage presence (Think Dave Grohl or Ricky Wilson or Paul Smith, or Tom Chaplin. Don't think of Brandon Flowers)
  3. Must be willing to be mouth piece for the band (Think Alex Kapranos or Ricky Wilson or Brandon Flowers)
  4. Should be reasonably good looking (Think Ricky Wilson v. Lead singer of Louis XIV. Which do you like better?)
  5. Needs to be able to write music, or help with writing music ( Ricky, Alex, Brandon, Paul S, Dave, Rivers, Tom, Jenny, Steve, Paul Macca, John...)
  6. Should be able to play an instrument (cowbell counts too)
  7. Must be photogenic (even if only moderatly good looking, like Alex, Tom, or Dave)
  8. Must have a certain amount of humility (Ricky, Alex, Paul S. Not Brandon)
  9. Needs to be witty (Alex is an excellent example, as is Paul S and John)
  10. Should be able to make girls and/or boys swoon at the drop of a pin (Ricky, Alex, Brandon, Paul Macca)
So thats what I say. Here's a list of the full names and bands of the examples I gave. You should know this by now, but I'm feeling generous today (and I like using the little list thingy):
  • The Beatles (Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison)
  • Franz Ferdinand (Alex Kapranos {whose last name I can spell without looking})
  • Foo Fighters (Dave "I use to live in N. Virginia because I rock" Grohl)
  • Hot Hot Heat (Steve "I have a fro, but I'm not black" Bays)
  • Kaiser Chiefs (Ricky "Charles Richard" Wilson)
  • Keane (Tom "I once wore purple pants" Chaplin)
  • The Killers (Brandon "I'm married and extremely hot" Flowers)
  • Maximo Park (Paul "I'm super flexible" Smith)
  • Nirvana (Kirk "I brought rock back and ended hair metal" Cobaine)
  • Rilo Kiley (Jenny "I can sing your whole outfit off" Lewis)
Your's Nore "I wish I were as cool as half the people on the above list" No Last Name For You!

No comments: