28.12.05

House Keeping

Have you ever felt insulted for no apparent reason. Having your room cleaned shouldn't insult you. It's a kind gesture, one less thing you have to worry about. Unless of course you like having your room look like it just got hit by a hurricane because you're fairly certain a) it will end up looking that way eventually and b) you know you'll be able to find everything, even if it takes a little longer (by 5 min maybe.) Most people don't feel that way. I do. My "organizational" system is not having one, having everything I like/would want on the floor even if it involves stepping on some of those things. I know where everything will be and yes it will take me a little longer but at least I will be able to find it. With my things being on the floor, sure there are hazards (such as stepping on a high stiletto heel, which hurts like hell) but it's all there. So yes, even though I shouldn't feel insulted I am. I feel hurt that no one understands the way my brain works, I'm hurt by the fact that my grandmother has been taking behind my back about my room, I'm hurt by the fact no one cares how I feel about this. So yeah. I'm a little different. If you haven't already figured that one out, I don't know what you've been reading. I just kind of miss my big pile of clothing, my big pile of cds on my top bunk and knowing that when I come into my room tomorrow morning, it will still be there, just as I left it. Lord knows I can't count on my memory for remembering anything else (except for the weird things I still remember from 5th grade and such), but I can always count on my inanimate objects to be there. Animate ones are just too tricky.
So I've read most everything I could in the NME yearbook (which I got for Christmas. More on that later.) I've decided a couple of things after reading it. Actually a lot of things, but I'll list the most salient points:
  • Pete Doherty needs some serious rehab and some jail time. (Checks NME website for any news on the sad sod.) Or he needs to just stick is damn resolution. I mean, he's just sad!
  • The Gallaghers are asses. Big fuckin' asses. But I think that if they insult you, it actually means they like you. Unless of course they really think what they say and in that case they're just asses. I would say something else, but I would just feel silly.
  • Arctic Monkeys' debut better be really fuckin' fantastic. Otherwize I will so pissed. I mean really, really times infinity pissed.
  • It's really interesting to read the press from another country insulting (or just pointing out the facts ma'am) your country. Sure I think G. W. Bush is complete twat (there I said it) but it's just kinda interesting to read in a magazine that sort of thing. All the press here is so guarded about insulting the government, that you never read or here that sort of thing. It's all about how crap the prez's policies are, never a direct hit on him. Really though, it's an eye opener (and makes one :me: realize that one :me: is lusting a real person with opinions on things outside of music) to read that Ricky Wilson think that Bush is an idiot. So yeah.
  • I may not seem really cool, but looking through the yearbook I know and/or like a lot of the bands that are mentioned in it. There are the bands that I've never heard of and some that I would like to hear, but there is a large percentage of bands that are mentioned that I know. Makes a person feel spiff. Also makes a person want to move to the UK where the dominant players aren't crap musicians that I don't really like. Basically, if I lived in a different country (the UK) I would be a bit cooler than I am here.
  • If Coldplay weren't so damn bland I would like them completely. They seem like really spiff people.
  • I like how the British curse. Seems less offensive than our cursing. :shrugs:
So there the salient points. All 7. There are many more things that I learned, but those are the most important. Which is what salient means. So there you have it. Another confermation that I need to live somewhere, anywhere in the UK when I grow up. Preferably a major city. But I don't really care.
Terry Pratchett is a god. His books are this (-------) much above D. Adams in the literature scale, but the heart of them is in the exact same place. So now I have 3 favorite authors (or at least 3 that will consistanly be my favorite): D. Adams, J. Barnes, and T. Pratchett. Yay for uncle Bill!! You rock my socks yo!
Hmm...I got a book for Christmas called "Ready? Sex, Go!" According to the back of the book it got really good reviews in the UK. I feel wrong touching it, let alone looking at the cover. My dad calls it the sex book. My sister keeps insisting that my grandparents (my dad's) are really good people and mean well. I just kinda wish they had gotten me the book I wanted instead of this one. Not that they'll ever know.
I would just like to state again how much I love OK Go. And a bunch of other bands, but I'll just mention OK Go. :nods: I <3> :)

No comments: