29.12.05

Wolf Parade

Thus far I'm impressed. They catch your attention and like to hold it. Heavy drums, interesting vocals that sort of thing. Definatly hear the connection between them and Arcade Fire. Hopefully the rest of the cd will prove just as good as Funeral.
:rocks head back and forth: I'm not entirely sure how much I like the lead singer (vocals are kinda grating) but the melodies are damn catchy. I'm enjoying this thus far. Now I will play clicken gold and review as I go.
We Built Another World is spiff. 4 stars (as in the Yahoo! rating system)
Same Ghost Every Night is a real depressing waltz. I just think it's cool that they use a waltz meter. So far, so good.
1) They like ghosts 2) Dear Sons and Daughters of Hungry Ghosts also gets 4 stars for being spiff. They lead singers voice though still bugs me a little. But ya know not everyone is Tom Chaplin or Ricky Wilson. :shrugs: I'm still liking it though.
They're kind of like a more grating depressing version of Arcade Fire. Or an odd mix between Modest Mouse and Arcade Fire. Almost like Interpol in the depressing category. Very indie though. Not a mainstream sound at all. Not bad though, not bad at all.
Short cd. Very suprising actually, I wasn't expecting it to end. I like it. May not be a regular, but it is certainly a good cd. Grandma and Grandpa aren't so bad after all.

No comments: