24.4.06

Comfort Food Music

Comfort food (n): Food that is simply prepared and associated with a sense of home or contentment.
Comfort Food music (n): Music that is associated witha sense of home or contentment; preferably songs that are well known to the listener and can be sung along to.
Kaiser Chiefs. Arctic Monkeys. Franz Ferdinand. KT Tunstall. The Beatles. Those are my comfort food bands/artists. I will listen to them until time ends and when ever I'm truely depressed or in a funk they comfort me and I know they will be there. There are no problems with quality and I can dance/sing/cry to all of them. Especially the Beatles what with their huge catalog of songs. In any event I love these bands/artist from the bottom of my heart. KT lets me sing as does Franz to a certain extent. Kaisers and Monkeys are just damn fun to listen to and "Modern Way" is my angst/depressed/crying song. "A Certain Romance" and "Outsiders" are my protest songs. The Beatles fill all categories. They are my comfort food music. They are my favorite bands.

No comments: