25.5.06

Comfort Food Music (2)

I listen to the same small clump of musicians, genres, artists, etc. I have a certain amount of variety but for the most part it all could be catogorized the same way: Indie blah blah blah. Yeah Keane may not seem very indie but they're a hell of a lot better than Kelly Clarkson. In any event...I listen to these musicians because they strike a chord with me, through their lyrics, through their music, through the fact that they wear Beatles boots (yay Ricky!), through whatever. And I will defend them to the ground if neccessary. And when people don't appreciate what they've achieved I'm going to get a little pissy. I'm just that obsessed and addicted.
So you know what Sophie? Don't take audience into account, don't take genre into account, don't take marketabiltiy into account all you like but don't you dare act like you know better than me. You gave up on music and I haven't. Sure you "discovered" some indie bands but that doesn't make you some kind of a goddess. You don't know jack about what you're talking about because you just don't care as much as I do. I care about indie music. I listen to the same CDs repeatedly and ya know what? Franz Ferdinand's first album is that inventive. Their second album is lightyears away from their first, but within itself the album isn't all that "exploritory." So don't tell me Tom Chaplin has a limited range. And don't act like you know more.
Feel free to comment and be pissed all who read this

No comments: