28.8.06

The End is Nigh

NME is asking me how my summer has been, classes are starting at colleges and other places. In Fairfax county students scramble to finish summer assignments and teachers bemoan the beginning of another year. Labour Day weekend approaches and the appropriate sales will begin shortly. Declarations, promises, and oathes are made for a better year and the blue/white collar working stiffs of the world wonder what all the hub-bub is about. The summer is ending or has ended. Where did it go?
Summer usually goes by quickly for me. But, unlike this year, things usually happen. This year, nothing. I went to one concert and not much else happened. Sure there was Hollins and ClariCamp but most of the summer was spent doing nothing. I discovered bands, I played Clicken Gold, I read Tess of the D'Ubervilles and a few other books, I went to Vermont, and I watched the days go by. Rather depressing really. I just can't believe school will be starting soon. It seem rather unbelievable. Like Kaiser Chiefs ever coming out with a second CD or Big Foot. But I suppose the summer had to end eventually. It always does. I just wish more had happened.

No comments: