9.9.06

MeMeHaMeFoStyCo

Here's another little experiment in doing my homework online. Except this time with more structure! Hooray! Anyway...MeMeHaMeFoStyCo!

Song: Modern Way
By: Kaiser Chiefs, from Employment
[what a huge fucking suprise that I picked that song...or for that matter any song by KC. Huge fucking suprise] [proceeds to do everything out of order because it's fun!]

Form: Intro, verse 1, verse 2, chorus, verse 3, chorus, outro
Meter: duple (possibly 2/4, could be 4/4)
Style: Rock, in the britpop vain. Heavy guitar, with keyboard and cow bell. (According to pandora.com: Electric rock instrumentation, subtle use of vocal harmony, a vocal-centric aesthetic, and minor key tonality) [all of which seem so damn obvious, I didn't think of them myself]
Harmonies: Some vocal harmonies. Background "aah" harmony at the end of verses 1 and 2 and during chorus.
Medium: Not sure at all. Recording?
Melody: Lead singers line. Aka what the lyrics are sung to.
Composer/Context: Not sure what the context is but the song was written by Nick Hodgson/Ricky Wilson (though technically it's written by the whole band, but I don't believe that for a minute)

Well there you have it folks. My IB music homework completed! Oh what joy...and I really don't believe the whole band wrote any of the songs. Maybe helped, but I wouldn't give them writing credit. Because I'm mean.

No comments: