18.11.06

Mall Rat

Things Nore Likes To Do...
  • Listen to Regina Spektor and finally figure out why everyone in the music blogosphere thinks she's such a darling. (No seriously, listen to "On the Radio" and try not to fall for her vocals. "Apres Moi" is like an instrumental explosion, so beautiful.)
  • Read funny articles that are funny because they're so true and realizing that the if I could be one person in the whole world it would be a British guy. (If you feel like punching Bono in the face go read this. And yes, I do want to be Kirkland Ciccone, and not because his name is Kirkland.)
  • Reading funny "imagined monologues" and laughing because they too are so true. (This is what I think Dave, Mark, Simon, and Whitey think of their respective lead singers. At least it would be really amusing if that is what they thought of them. But really it's just amusing because at one point or another it was probably true with any band.)
Things Nore Does Not Like To Do...
  • Spend nearly four hours at the mall, most of which was spent in all the major department stores and trying to navigate around the hoards at the mall.
  • Hear a song from "Hopes and Fears" in the lingerie section of Macy's. Where little old ladies shop. Little old ladies who could never possibly appreciate Keane like me.
  • Try on clothing in nasty changing rooms with horrible lighting and feeling horribly fat.
Oh the mall. I loathe the mall. I like shopping, but I hate the mall. Too many people, too much noise, too many bad smells and it's all so tiring. But I did get to go to Anthropologie which is where I heard Regina Spektor and I got a really nice skirt that I can wear to school. That bit was nice, but it was right at the end so I was tired and couldn't appreciate it as much as I would have earlier. Anyway, that's how I spent my day. Walking around the mall, trying on clothing and feeling fat. Now I'm tired, but will be going to "Shakespeare in Hollywood" which will nice, if also tiring. But let's just say, I couldn't imagine being a mall rat.

No comments: