29.12.06

Alala

While I listen to some of the music I should have been listening to this year I'd like to give you some interesting things to think about from Tampa Bay Online's "50 Things We Know Now (That We Didn't Know This Time Last Year)" List:
36. DNA analysis determined the British descended from a tribe of Spanish fishermen who crossed the Bay of Biscay almost 6,000 years ago.
38. Most of us have microscopic, wormlike mites named Demodex that live in our eyelashes and have claws and a mouth.
47. A python was the first god worshipped by mankind, according to 70,000-year-old evidence found in a cave in Botswana's Tosodilo hills.
50. Researchers from the University of Manchester managed to induce teeth growth in normal chickens - activating genes that have lain dormant for 80 million years.

I'm still creeped out by the mites in my eyelashes. Number 36 is just ironic though, since the British have something of dislike for the Spanish (though that might not be as true now as it use to be.) Also, in response to 50, I'm hoping that scientist will be able to allow us humans to retain the gills we have when we're in the womb. That and our tails. But that's just me. Well I'm off to clean up what I can off the kitchen. Until then.

No comments: