15.2.07

So Much Pain

I'm still in pain from shoveling ice/snow yesterday (damn you lactic acid!!) but I've got things to share, so I'm going to share them dammit. Besides, if I share all of these happy things before I go talk about last weeks events with the Farbster, I'll have happy things in the back of my head, as if that makes any sense. Also I have some things to look forward to. So on to the happy things!!
The Brit Awards were last night and unsurprisingly Arctic Monkeys won the major awards they were nominated for. DiS have an excellent little article with a full list of the winners and some very amusing commentary as well. Hopefully YouTube will have the Monkeys' acceptance speeches, because honestly I really want to see Alex Turner as the Scarecrow. And the whole band as the Village People. Oh, so funny.
Bloc Party did something very unexpected. They cracked the Billboard Top 20. They're British and not Coldplay or U2. I'm in shock. This does bode well for KC though, which means they might make more stops in the States. But congrats to Bloc Party!
Good Weather for Airstrikes posted an excellent list of artists who they predict will be big in 2007. I was mostly pleased with the list, except for Mika who makes me cringe, but I hope that Derek is right about the majority of the list. Especially Lily Allen, Air Traffic, and Maxie Poo, and horribly, horribly wrong about Mika.
Lastly, I've decided that instead of doing beach week at the end of my senior year, I should go to Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival. Sure I might not know the majority of the current lineup, but Franz Ferdinand is going so who cares!! Now I just have to convince the parents the at 19 I'll be old enough to fend for myself at a festival in Tennessee. Tricksy.

No comments: