22.3.07

Aargh with the Frustration

Why can't Blogger be a bit more like LJ? Because then I could reply to comments posted and not feel like a total shit for not replying. At least with LJ I have the option to reply, even if I don't always use it. Stupid Blogger.
In any event, only two weeks and two days until I get spend a lot of time convincing Sophs that we really do want to spend two hours in line so that I can be really close to the stage. :D!!! My Ricky obsession continues full force, despite the stress of this week. Or maybe because of the stress of this week. But yeah, two weeks and two days until Kaiser Chiefs!!!!
I've figured out why Kaiser Chiefs aren't doing (or at least I assume aren't doing) Carling Weekend. The answer has been glaring at me every time I check their site, but didn't hit me until today, because I'm smart. See they're being the Foo Fighter's bitches, though that's not completely fair to them, but it's fun to say. In all honesty I'm really suprised that T on the Fringe and Carling weekend are overlapping, because it puts a lot of bands in a bit of a bind, not to mention the fans. What if I wanted to see Kaiser Chiefs and Maximo Park? It would be kind of hard because Edinburgh isn't exactly spitting distance from Reading or Leeds. Not that Reading or Leeds are that close, but the point is, Edinburgh is as far away from Leeds as Reading is from Leeds and so I would be unable to see Maximo Park and Kaiser Chiefs that weekend if I wanted to. Of course we all know who would win, but not everyone is like that. So yeah. Dunno why these festivals are overlapping. I'm not a huge freak or anything. Nope not at all.
Umm...news links!
Speaking of Carling Weekend, lots of people are now screwed. I feel really horrible for all of those people who thought they were going to this really major festival, who thought they had paid for these really expensive tickets, and are now completely SOL. A small part of me, despite the overwhelming sense of sympathy, is really happy because I wouldn't be able to go anyway. But yeah, poor people who can't go. They won't get to see some fairly okay bands. Oh I could be so mean right now...
Metallica is girl's name! Really, it's official, I read on the NME site. I just find it absolutely histarical that a hard metal band's name is the name of baby girl somewhere in Sweden. I hope for her sake she ends up liking the band because otherwise...it would be like if my parent's had decided to name me...Razorlight or something. Snow Patrol is another example. Or Mika.
Anyway that's it. Go watch some hilarious David Tennant. Be amazed at his sexy Scottish accent. Be wildly impressed with Catherine Tate's ability to use Shakespeare in a comedy sketch and have it make sense within the given context. I'm going to find some Boosh to watch.
Quick Side Note: New Doctor Who starts March 31st, so there might be more posts about that as things get started over in the UK. Unfortunetly I won't be seeing anything until this summer, so yeah. I might also go crazy, ya never know.

No comments: