23.3.07

Oh No She Didn't

First off I would like to say that I don't want to live in the US when I have the option to move. The way the government has been acting for the last...oh, six years, I don't want to be here anymore. I've become completely disillusioned with the whole "democracy" thing. Or at least US democracy. Because our politicians suck and anyone with a grain of salt doesn't get elected. So yeah, culture isn't the only reason I want to leave.
On the other hand, much like my school spirit, if you slag off my country, I'll get a little annoyed. Just like right now I'm a little annoyed with a certain Ms. Allen of the UK.
It's all very weird here. They're all backward in Texas but not as much as they are in Arkansas and Wyoming where I'm going soon.

Now the only reason I haven't completely written Ms. Allen off is because 1) I really, really, love her album and 2) This is what she does. She slags off everything in world. But still. I know the south can be a bit "backwards" but you're not from here Lil (yes I do get to call her Lil, just like I get to call Ricky R.) I wouldn't make fun of Yorkshire or Devon or some other county in the UK. It's just common courtesy. You don't slag off my states, I won't slag off your counties. Mmkay?
By the by, here's the link to the original article by DiS. She says more, but it doesn't really make sense to me, so I won't comment on it. But just for everyone's information, if she slags off Virginia or the metro-DC area...I'm going to throw a hissy fit.
In other news, my high school is hosting the East Coast A Capella Summit (oooh) and one of the groups that is performing this weekend is Blue Jupiter. They came last year and performed at the school, but I'm not exactly a huge fan of a capella, so I really wasn't at all excited when I was told that they were coming again this year. The rest of the women in my chorus class were though and begged our chorus teacher to have the guys come to our class. Totally not excited. Really not at all excited. But then they came and one of the members (who's brand new) looks almost exactly like Nick from Kaiser Chiefs (also known as Nick Hodgson). I totally freaked out the minute he came into the room because he was tall and lanky and subconsciously reminded me of Nick. Of course once I got a good look at him I freaked out even more because I realized consciously that he is the spitting image of Nick. He (his name is Mike) is the only reason I'm going to the concert tonight. Otherwise I wouldn't have gone. So yeah, I'm totally sad and pathetic. Huzzah!!
No other news. Have a good weekend.

No comments: