28.6.07

The Summer Has Arrived

Bored. Bored, bored, bored, bored, bored. So bored in fact that writing out bored is more interesting than what I was doing before. So terribly incredibly bored. Oh well, at least I'll be doing something tomorrow! Oh yeah...
Well I got my eyes checked today and because this was the first time I had seen this doctor, they wanted to dilate my eyes. So my eyes were dilated, which is always annoying. But this new guy is really great, so the whole thing was kind of worth the it. I'll be going into the city tonight to see my dad play with his band, which should be interested. They'll be playing at the Black Cat, which is were the Cribs will be playing in August, so I'll be able to survey the place, see what it's like and all that. Hopefully it won't be anything like the Sonar. But yeah, the time in between is incredibly boring. So let's move on.
Lily Allen has started in on her next album. I'm interested to see what she does with album, at least in terms of lyrics. I assume that musically it will be very similar to Alright, Then, but in terms of topics I'm interested in see what she decides to discuss, as it were. But yay for Lily.
Speaking of new albums, despite the fact that Rivers said they'd broken up, Weezer are starting recording their sixth album. I'm not a huge fan of Weezer, but it's interesting nonetheless. I'd gotten the feeling from news earlier in the year that the band had dissolved, but according to the article, they were just on hiatus. So yeah, good on them.
And now for some exciting news if you're a mean cold hearted person. Preston and Chantelle have split up!! As I have previously stated, I'm a mean cold hearted person and so I'm actually quite excited about this little piece of news. I'm mainly excited about their split up because Preston was a twat on NMTB and towards Simon and so really I'm just glad to see him get his. I know for the majority of you, this will mean absolutely nothing, but that's what you get for reading this blog: a whole lot of nonsense about the UK.
In other British pop news, the Spice Girls are back!!!! You might be surprised at how enthusiastic I am about this news, but why shouldn't I be? The Spice Girls were a happy part of my childhood and weren't that horrible. But to be perfectly honest I just think the whole things hilarious. They must be so desperate. :sigh: Silly Brits.
So I've been listening to the Once soundtrack for the past couple of days. There are thirteen tracks on the album, but I only remember like 7 of them actually being played in the movie. Yes, I realize that seven out of thirteen is a little more than half, but I wish I could remember when the rest were played, if they were in fact played during the movie. I like the majority of the tracks nonetheless, though I wish there was more consistency of quality throughout the whole album. Mind you, all of this has fuelled my desire to see the movie again, which I will be tomorrow. Hopefully my friends won't kill or maim me tomorrow during the movie. There's every chance they will, but I hope they don't. Anywho, yay Once!!!!!!!!
Constrained yelling is the new screaming. Or maybe he's just screaming.

No comments: