6.11.07

Waste

After a breakfast of mini powder sugar donuts, I decided I would go to the book store and buy some poptarts. Neither is terribly good for me, but most Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm too lazy to go get something that would be remotely healthy and poptarts are better than donuts. After deciding what kind of poptarts I would be getting (strawberry and cinnamon apple) I went over to the news rack to see if any of the magazines looked interesting. Rolling Stone has it's 40th Anniversary issue out this week and, despite past experiences, I decided to buy it. Per usual the magazine was incredibly disappointing.
Now I'm not what you would call a regular reader of Rolling Stone, mostly because I feel the magazine spends too much time writing about things that aren't music. Despite this, I get the feeling that the magazine has gotten consistently more and more political as the years have gone by. While I mostly agree with their politics, I don't buy music magazines to read about politics. If I wanted to read about politics I would buy Newsweek. Or the newspaper. Unfortunately whenever I buy Rolling Stone the thing seems to be filled to the gills with either interviews I could give a rat's ass about or politics. For the most part I disagree with their reviewers (I mean honestly, why does everyone hate Kaiser Chiefs? And I'm sorry, Britney Spears getting three and a half stars? What are they listening to??) and so it is that when ever I get my hopes up and buy Rolling Stone, I am always disappointed. Always.

No comments: